Friday 26 April 2013

Three months with Templar...from Maja Hermansson

Hello! I suppose an introduction is in order . . . my name is Maja and for the past three months, I have been hanging out at Templar Towers with the lovely Templar marketing team under the GROW program. GROW is the name of Bonnier's exchange program and it is a great opportunity to get insight into the entire book chain and exchange experience within the industry across markets, companies and professions. Normally, I work as a webeditor and marketer at Swedish online bookseller Adlibris (www.adlibris.com).

So, I am a very lucky girl to have had the privilege to work with the exciting colourful Templar crew and their amazing, award-winning books! My main role has been to act as an assistant and complete any marketing and publicity tasks that land on my desk. I could not ask for a better position. I've gained knowledge of almost all aspects of marketing children’s books and I’ve been doing everything from writing and designing press releases and print ads to setting up Facebook Pages. I‘ve also gotten a much greater insight into the British book world as I have been to author events, book stores and schools. I have been really impressed by my colleagues creativity in finding new ways to reach out to readers. It has been a real pleasure to meet all these people who feel really passionate about their books and authors.

I’ve also had the chance to dig into the different aspects of digital marketing from the publisher’s side and to share my own experiences from working at Scandinavias largest online bookstore.

I’ll be taking back with me that excitement for books and a lot of great memories from my time at Templar Publishing!

Thanks to Templar, It’s been great fun and I wish you all the best!

Thank you very much Maja, we wish you all the best for the future and please stay in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment