Thursday 15 September 2011

Meet the Templar Team - Introducing Laura Garrod

Meet Laura Garrod - Uk Sales Administrator



How long have you been at Templar?
I have been at Templar for 4 months, I joined as an intern where I worked in the foreign rights department and was then lucky enough to bag a job in UK sales!

What does your job involve?
My job primarily involves assisting Clare, the UK Publishing Manager. I also work closely with Bounce! Our sales and marketing agency. We meet on a bi-weekly basis to discuss sales developments and it gives us a chance to present current and future titles to them.

What is the most satisfying element of your job?

As cliché as it sounds, seeing a book finally finished. I haven’t been at Templar long enough yet to see the entire process but being able to hold a finished copy is really satisfying.

Have you had any funny awkward moments?
Not that I can remember, but I am sure in time there will be a few.

What did you want to be when you were a child?
I really wanted to be a Doctor when I was younger. I even had work experience at Epsom hospital in Accident and Emergency, but fainted on my first day when a lady had a nose bleed (not my finest hour!) I was then advised by the Doctor I was shadowing to rethink my career choice.

What is your most memorable moment or biggest achievement at Templar to date?
Presenting to the Sales reps at the Bounce Spring Conference in August. It was the first time I met all the reps together and really enjoyed the whole experience.

How do you take your tea?
I don’t drink tea.

Fave book related blogs / twitter accounts/websites ?
The Book Sniffer for interesting book reviews, the bookseller for industry ‘gossip’ and cupcakesandcashmere.com for fashion and food.

What are you working on at the moment?

I am currently preparing sales material for a meeting with Early Learning Centre and WH Smiths.

Are there any authors or illustrators you haven’t worked with yet who you would like to work with in the future?

Growing up I really loved reading Hans Christian Andersen stories. It would be really nice to see a Templar collection of these.

What are your favourite books (both Templar and non Templar)?
My favourite Templar books (because I cant choose just one) are Monstrous Book of Monsters, Santa’s Handbook and Jack and the Baked Beanstalk. My favourite non Templar books are The Hungry Caterpillar and The Cat in the Hat. I also love the Alice Sebold books; The Lovely Bones, Full Moon and Lucky.


QUICK FIRE


Which Monster Mate are you? Nancy
Bookshop or library Bookshop
Physical or digital Physical
Mac or PC PC
Coffee or tea Neither..diet coke!
Biscuit or cake Biscuit – chocolate!!
Heatwave or snowstorm Snowstorm





Thanks Laura - You're the TOPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment